We decided that our first night in the trailer would be spent in the driveway just in case we had any problems with the dogs. And sure enough, ten minutes into the slumber party, we had a problem. But it wasn't one of the dogs. I looked at the floor and noticed a small steady stream of water coming from the air conditioner. Because my driveway has such a steep incline, the back of the trailer was much higher than the front causing the water draining from the air conditioner to run into the trailer instead of out on the ground. The only way to fix it was to pull the trailer out of the driveway, drive it around the block and pull it back in so it was facing the other direction. I did not envision that our first test drive of the trailer would be done at nine o'clock at night with no lights on the trailer. It was scary but we made it and the water problem was solved. The rest of the night was peacefully uneventful. All of the dogs were so good. They slept quietly all night. We all had plenty of room and we were very comfortable.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
I knew that I wanted the added touch of hand painting in my trailer but I wasn't sure if I had the ability to produce the desired results. So I took a piece of scrap wood and put my talent to the test. I'm no Michelangelo but I'm pretty happy the outcome.
- ► 2009 (14)
- ▼ 2008 (49)